After some daily use of Liferay Sync 1.2.1 on Windows, connecting to www.liferay.com portal (6.1 GA2), I have detected a resource leak, Notify and Watcher threads are not stopped at UserSiteRootFolderMonitor.stopMonitor(long accountId).
The memory usage of Liferay Sync process increase without limit, because there are some threads that never finish.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install Liferay Sync 1.2.1 on Windows
- Configure Liferay Sync to syncronize with https://www.liferay.com (To avoid disk usage, you can syncronize all sites except "Guest" and "Liferay University)
- Wait until all files are downloaded (1 or 2 hours)
- When first sync is done, the problem begins
- Thread creation rate is 100 threads/hour
- Problem can be verified using "Java VisualVM" and "Process Explorer"