Affects Version/s: 2.x
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Content Targeting
Currently, Form Events are being measured in an incorrect manner. At the very least checkboxes are incorrect as can be seen in
LPP-29494, where two checkboxes in the form are selected, submit is pressed and two submit events are recorded. Inconsistencies can also be seen in the interact event record. Other form components will require testing to see if they are also inconsistent.
- Install the latest version of Audience Targeting.
- Add the Forms portlet to a page and create a simple form with 3 checkboxes
- Create a User Segment in Audience Targeting to monitor the page.
- Create a Campaign for that User Segment
- Create a custom report in Audience Targeting for the campaign (Select 'All' for Event type.)
- Enable all form events from Control Panel>System Settings>audience Targeting Analytic Service. (Enable all Forms, Form Views, Form Interaction, Form Submission)
- Navigate to the page, click all three check boxes in the form and submitting.
- Check the report.
Expected Results: Report should record one interact, one view, and one submit event.
Actual Results: Report records three submit events, one view, and varying interact results.
For further context, please see
LPP-29494 and PTR-304.