Affects Version/s: 3.0 RC2
Component/s: Content Targeting
The User Segment Content List portlet has been removed from Audience Targeting 3.0. It's functionality (i.e. displaying dynamically content which categorization matches the user segments of the current user) is provided by the Asset Publisher portlet when the User Segment filter option is enabled. All instances of the User Segment Content List portlet are automatically migrated to instances of the Asset Publisher portlet with the User Segment filter option enabled when upgrading from Audience Targeting 7.0 to 7.1.
Steps for validation:
- Install the latest Audience Targeting 2.x on the latest Liferay 7.0.x.
- Add and configure a User Segment Content List portlet
- Assert that the portlet displays the expected content, according to the configured segments and content
- Update Liferay to 7.1.x and install Audience Targeting 3.0
- Assert that after the update, the User Segment Content List portlet has been replaced by an Asset Publisher portlet with the same configuration, and the expected content is displayed.