Type: Feature Request
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Content Targeting
Currently, a user who has an inherited role from being part of a User Group is not subject to the Audience Targeting Role Rule as if the user was given the regular role directly. Here is an example of what this feature request is wanting:
1. Create a user
2. Create a user group
3. Add the user to the user group
4. Create a regular role
5. Add the user group to the regular role
6. In Audience Targeting, add a new User Segment with the rule User Attributes > Regular Role and select the role created in step 4
7. Sign in with the user created in step 1 and interact with the site
8. Sign back in with the admin user and check the report for the user segment created in step 6
The report reflects the activity of the user because the user has the regular role via the user group.
Implementation Suggestion from Customer:
It would probably be good enough if the rule had a checkbox to apply it to users that inherited the role.