1. Use a clean Liferay 6.2 SP7 bundle connecting with clean data.
2. Create a new blank site on staging and remote live site.
3. Enable remote staging on staging site.
4. Extract Audience Targeting 1.1.1 and copy all jar files to Deploy folder on both staging and live site.
5. Restart both app servers.
6. On staging site, add one User Segment "user" and Campaign "cam" (when create Campaign, choose "user" in User Segment).
7. On staging site, add one page "page" and place Campaign Content Display portlet in that page. And then configure it to display web content article for default and matching condition. At this time, only "cam" can be choosed in "If the user matches this campaign" field.
8. Execute "Publish to Remote Live" by using default configuration.
9. After publish successfully, go to staging site->Site Administration->Configuration->Audience Targeting->Campaign.
10. Add another Campaign "cam1" and choosed "user" in User Segment field.
11. Go to "page" of site staging, click Campaign Content Display portlet->configuration, change "cam" to "cam1" in "If the user matches this campaign" field and then save it.
12. Execute "Publish to Remote Live" by using default configuration.
NPE error will be thrown. Error log is in the attachment