We are going to segment users based on information of the page they come from (based on the referer URL)
The referer URL conditions can be:
- Contains what the marketer pastes/writes
- Starts with what the marketer pastes/writes
Some examples of segments we could define this way:
- Users who come from google (contains google)
- Users who come from twitter (contains twitter)
- Users who come from facebook mobile (Starts with http://m.facebook)
- Users who come from the site *.mydomain.com (contains .mydomain.com)
The help message (tooltip) for the rule can be: "Evaluates if the user has visited a site before visiting the current site. All the conditions defined in the rule should be met for the user to be accurately segmented"
Note that there should be a validation that the condition for "Starts with" can be added only once.