steps to reproduce
- Create a new Liferay Portal 6.2 installation, it doesn't matter which SO, database you use.
- Be sure not to install the Audience Targeting plugin.
- Create a new site, a new page for the site and activate staging. It doesn't matter which options you choose for staged contents.
- Create some Web Content on the site and add a Web Content Display portlet to the new page.
- Publish the changes to Live.
- Install the Audience Plugin plugin.
- Create a new user segment on the site with any rule.
- Add a new User Segment Content Display portlet to the staging page.
- Change the configuration of this portlet.
I can choose the user segment to show specific content to that segment.
No user segment exists on the staging site, and you can't choose any user segments.
This situation only occurs when installing the AT plugin AFTER enabling staging on a site. Once this plugin is installed, although you don't choose to enable Audience Targeting when activating for the first time staging, it'll work.