When defining their audiences, marketers create advanced combinations of rules so that they can target the right people with the right content on their digital platforms. Audience targeting is a great tool to define those audiences and it is possible to create user segments that are very useful.
There is a limitation in our product though, the fact that you can only add the segmentation rules ONCE. This makes it impossible to create certain scenarios where you need to segment your audience based on some things that might occur multiple times, like for example visiting multiple pages, viewing multiple banners, having several roles, etc.
This made us think that there are a set of segmentation rules that makes sense for them to be added more than once to the user segment. Here's a list of segmentation rules that should be instantiable:
- Content visited
- Page visited
- Site member
- Custom field
- Site role
- UserGroup Member > Should be renamed to "User group member"
- Organization role
- Organization member
- Regular role
Example rules or scenarios could be:
- "A marketer can create a segment of users that visited both the Home and the Product pages, that have the roles Guest and Visitor"
- "A marketer can create a segment of users that viewed banner #1 and banner #2"
Ways to test this story has been correctly implemented:
- Add one or multiple new segments
- Add these instantiable rules to the segments
- Add multiple values for each of them
- Make sure users are correctly segmented based on the criteria
- Make sure both campaign and user displays behave correctly for these rules