Forms component is widely used by our customers and GS team commonly needs to customize it in order to deliver the value our customers need. One of the main challenges that our GS team has is the capacity to easily add business logic between the form pages. This business logic can be to make an API call to external systems or even to call other forms (a common use of our product by GS, the creation of a form that is composed by many forms).
Some use cases to illustrate this need:
- In insurance, many times when a potential customer is filling their information to request for a insurance policy, after inputing all critical information that the company needs to check if the person is ''Clear'' for that product in a external source of information, like the government, and fill a field in the next page with this information.
- Another use case, is when the potential customer fills all the information necessary and before the payment, they get a quote rate that is filled from external system information.
- In some use cases from our customers, they use complex forms, that today is the union of many forms, and in those cases they need to add complex rules to redirect for a different page (in this case, a different form), when we add this integration point between pages, they will be able to use only one form in order to solve this problem.
1 - Given a developer,
when customizing our forms,
then I should be able to add business logic among page changes (previous or next page) through an extension point
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA and PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)